This is a blog about Italy and its culture. I started it because in our country this important concept is not being given the right worthiness it deserves. Probably even you may have a bad feeling about Italy because of movies, rumors or others. This said, I’ll try to convince you to start discovering our real culture.
At this time it’s technically demanding to maintain a multilingual blog with WordPress (I wonder when it will become an easy option for bloggers)…Anyway, there’s something you can do if you want to discover or getting to know better our culture:
- Read the translation of this blog. It doesn’t look good but it’s the only easy way of reading Italiaiocisono for now.
- Learn italian online for free (i.e. At BBC) or you can look for your closest Società Dante Alighieri, a private institution that promotes italian language and culture worldwide.
- Visit the Culture of Italy page on Wikipedia
- Join or donate to organizations that help preserve our monuments and historical sites like Friends of Florence or Fai.
- Buy italian food, but beware of fake products: there are a lot of them and doesn’t taste the right way.
- Start cooking the italian way. Our cuisine is way broader than what you can order at your favourite restaurant.
- Have you thought about it seriously? Take a trip to Italy!
- Either way, take a trip to Italy on Fotopedia or Google Street View!
- Visit our museums online first, for example using Google Art Project.
- Discover italian literature: from The Decameron by Boccaccio to If This Is a Man by Primo Levi, you can look for you favourite genre or period of time. Writing is a tradition lasting centuries, especially in our country.